Even though we are a freight forwarding company that does specialize in shipping tradeshow freight (not the design or manufacturing of booths/exhibits), we also consult and like to share tidbits of information to our customers/friends on ways to make your tradeshow experience that much more productive; whether you are just attending show or actually exhibiting yourself! This was a Twitter post by @TradeShowGuy – Tim Patterson that we really enjoyed and thought you would too…below is an excerpt of the 101 Rules of Tradeshow Marketing and you can find the entire post at http://www.tradeshowguyblog.com/downloads/101_Rules_of_Tradeshow_Marketing.pdf
1. The most important thing to determine for each and every show is: What is your objective – for THIS show?
2. The main job of your booth graphics is to grab the attention of a visitor long enough to bring them into your booth to learn more.
3. Look at your exhibit as if standing in a visitor’s shoes and ask: What’s in it for ME?
4. Tradeshow floor selling is chaotic. Sometimes the worst tradeshow sales people are your regular sales people.
5. A crowd attracts a crowd. What can you do to create a crowd at your booth?
6. One media ‘hit’ can make your whole tradeshow. What are you doing to get the media involved?
7. Engage your visitors by asking open-ended questions that relate to your product or service.
Filed under: All Posts, Shipping Articles and Learnings, TradeShow Shipping | Tagged: 101 marketing ideas for tradeshows, Say Cargo Tradeshow, trade show freight, trade show help, trade show service, tradeshow ideas, TradeShow Shipping | Leave a Comment »